In my house, summer brings such a different pace than the other seasons. School’s out, the garden is bursting with fresh produce, and the weather is so hot you almost have to have a cold drink in your hand.
Summer brings vacations, picking fresh vegetables from the garden, splashing in the sprinklers, catching lightning bugs, lazy pool days, making mud pies, and long family walks at night. These aren’t memories I want to forget. Often when I take the time to look around me and really reflect on these summer days with my family, I think, “these are probably the best days of my life.” I can’t slow down time, but I can intentionally be present in everything and enjoy these moments. The summer is meant to be savored, don’t you agree?
One of my favorite ways to savor the summer is by using fresh produce from my garden and getting creative in the kitchen by coming up with new recipes. I love a good challenge, especially when my kids are able to participate.
I received these adorable ramekins from my friends at MightyNest, and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make a baked savory egg dish. I wanted to use my fresh spinach and farm fresh eggs, because to me, spinach and eggs are a match made in heaven. Throw a creamy parmesan sauce in there for good measure, and the result becomes a deliciously rich and super adorable individual baked egg florentine in a ramekin. Oh my, what a breakfast! Talk about savoring the summer!
These are perfect for a lazy Saturday morning or for when you have summer guests. They are simple enough for just your own family and impressive enough for company. My kids loved them! Plus, I find food is just more fun when it’s in a cute individual sized ramekin. It just makes it feel extra special. Find the recipe at the bottom of the post.
I, along with my friends at MightyNest, want to help YOU savor the summer as well and make memories in your own home.
MightyNest is graciously giving away a $75 gift card to their site, which features products for active healthy families including, cleaning supplies, kitchen items, lunch gear, toys and baby products, and personal care items.
To enter, simply pledge to savor summer in the widget below. That’s it! The cool thing about this giveaway is that by entering, you are not just entering for yourself, but you are also entering for your SCHOOL! If you win, your school will also receive $75 as well. It’s an easy and fun way to do something good for your family and good for your school. So while school may be out, you can still support your school by savoring the summer.
Every entry earns points for your school and a chance to win this giveaway. No purchase necessary, and the school with the most points at the end of June will win $500! So spread the word to people in the school of your choice to enter this giveaway. Your school might win $500!
What I love about the Mighty Nest for Schools fundraiser is how families are encouraged and rewarded to live healthy lives while simultaneously raising funds for their schools. That’s a win-win for everyone and good business. On every purchase made, 15% is given back to the schools.
Take the pledge below!
Click on the “I Pledge” green button to enter the giveaway.
And now for the recipe:
- 2 TB. butter
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 TB. butter
- 2 TB. diced onions
- 3 cups packed spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- fresh herbs for garnish (thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil all work)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 T. butter and add cream.
- On medium heat, simmer butter and cream until bubbly and slightly thickened about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add cheese, while whisking.
- Cook on low until thick.
- In a separate skillet, saute onions in 1 T. butter until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add spinach and onions to cheese sauce.
- Divide evenly into four ramekins and place ramekins on baking sheet or square dish for easy handling in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully add an egg to the center of each hot ramekin and bake for an additional 8 mins. The white should no longer be clear and should still jiggle a bit.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. The egg will continue to cook the longer it sits.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
Full Disclosure: This post was sponsored by MightyNest. The opinions and photos are my own. I only endorse companies and products I 100% love, believe in, and support my mission. I feel privileged to be able to share these great companies with my readers to make an impact in the real food and natural health world.