I rarely eat dessert. I know, I know, don’t hate me. It’s not that I have anything against dessert. I’ve just always preferred savory over sweet.
Sometimes though, you just need something sweet. Last night was one of those nights where I was raiding my cabinets for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I didn’t have much that would fit that bill and was starting to feel disappointed, when I thought about the super ripe peaches that I had peeled and frozen a few days prior.
I remembered a one ingredient watermelon sorbet from a fellow blogger, and I thought, “Hmmm….I wonder if that would work with those peaches?”
Long story short…YES! It works! And in about five minutes, we were chowing down on our refreshing peach sorbet.
My daughter loved it so much that she ate her helping and her brother’s. He was super grumpy and ready for bed, so he didn’t eat any. That’s a two year old for ya.
- Fresh peaches (As many as desired. I used about 5-6)
- 1-2 T. pure maple syrup ( Find real maple syrup here )
- Peel and slice peaches into segments.
- Freeze overnight.
- It works best if they are frozen separately before adding to a container so they aren't all stuck together in a block.
- After completely frozen, add to a food processor and process until the texture becomes almost smooth.
- Use a spatula or spoon to scrape down the sides.
- Add maple syrup to taste.
- Process until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This post was shared at: