A happy marriage, makes for a happy family. I have found this to be so true in my experience. The more my husband and I find time to get away just the two of us to invest in our marriage, the stronger our family grows. It’s good for our kids to see us as a strong couple, affectionate towards each other, and wanting to spend time together. It’s good for my husband and I to take the focus off of the kids for a while and back on to each other. It’s good for my husband to see me as more than just the mother of his children, but also his bride! As a stay at home mom, it’s crucial for me to get time to myself and time away with my man to recharge and re-connect.
I absolutely adore date night! Ideally I’d love for us to go on a date once or twice a month. This doesn’t always happen, especially if the budget is tight. Sadness. My hubby and I put the kids to bed last night and were brainstorming creative FREE date night ideas that we could do together, even when the funds aren’t there for our standard dinner and a movie. Some didn’t make the cut to share with you. **wink wink** We did come up with 40 ideas that we thought were share-worthy and can apply to most cities. We can’t wait to try some of these ourselves.
- Take a long walk on the riverfront.
- Picnic in the park.
- Window shop in antique stores.
- Bike a bike trail.
- Visit a free museum.
- Explore a free zoo.
- Find a free outdoor movie.
- Free outdoor concerts.
- Seek local Festivals.
- Rent a movie from the library and spend a night in with stovetop popcorn.
- Board game challenge.
- Play cards: You could even have some romantic bets
- Grab a blanket and sit in a field or in the backyard and stargaze.
- Find a book at the library on massage and explore different massage techniques at home.
- Grab some water and spend the day hiking trails.
- Act like a kid again and play on a playground.
- Catch up on a tv series you love on Netflix or other free movie sites.
- Drive or walk through a ritzy or interesting neighborhood you’ve never been to and look at houses.
- Take pictures of each other in crazy places of your partner’s choice.
- Go to a thrift store and dress up in silly clothing and take pictures of each other.
- Window shop at the mall. We love walking through Cabella’s.
- Check out a Farmer’s Market.
- Test drive a new car just for fun.
- Visit open houses in your area.
- Fish in a local pond or lake.
- Our city has free plays in parks in the summer.
- Visit an art or craft show.
- Explore a local historical landmark.
- Watch planes land at a local airport.
- Kick off your shoes and take a walk on a beachfront.
- Sing karaoke.
- Play video games at home. If it’s old school Nintendo, bonus points.
- Tour a farm.
- Take a drive on scenic road.
- Stay home and paint portraits of each other. This could go in so many directions.
- Go for a walk or rollerblade in your neighborhood
- Find a free local band playing.
- Play frisbee or frisbee golf in a park.
- Go sledding and build a snowman in the winter when it snows.
- Watch a sunset.
That’s what we came up with. I know you creative people can come up with more!
WHATCHA GOT, FRIENDS?
This post was shared at: